The Village Glen Difference. Peace of Mind with a Personal Touch.
At Village Glen we are dedicated to providing the highest quality, most sensitive, individualized care to our residents. We promote and encourage autonomy, resident choice, socialization and engaging activities. We are proud of our daily Morning Stretch program, music and art therapy. Village Glen is one of the few in Walworth County to offer “Memories in the Making” an Alzheimer’s Association watercolor based art therapy programs. Many of our resident’s artwork has been featured at Alzheimer’s Association special events.
Our care approach includes:
- Daily observation, wellness monitoring and weekly vital signs.
- 24-hour supervision and interaction with caring staff specifically trained in the care of Alzheimer’s and related dementias.
- Thorough pre-assessment prior to admission including medical and social history.
- Individualized service plans designed to meet our resident’s special needs.
- Meaningful one-on-one and group activities that simulate individuality and well-being.
- Monthly caregiver support group sponsored by the Alzheimer’s Association.
Levels of Care:
Three levels of care services have been established at Village Glen. Each is progressive in the scope and intensity of care required and given to a resident. Each new level builds on the prior services level.
Village Glen provides 24-hour staff support; cuing and supervision of daily personal cares such as dressing and grooming; three meals a day and snacks; twice weekly bathing assistance; medication administration; activity programming; weekly housekeeping and laundry.
In addition to Basic services, Intermediate includes some physical assistance with daily personal cares, assistance eating; incontinence support or periodic toileting assistance; complicated medications; specialty diets.
Advanced services include: total assistance with daily personal cares, full incontinence and toileting support; full assistance with personal grooming and hygiene; full bathing assistance; administering controlled medications and hospice coordination.